Sunday, March 29, 2009

Reaction: Week 13

This week we watched the movie called Three Steps.
I really liked how the video said that you should make your classroom beautiful, comfortable, and student centered. I really believe that the aesthetics and comfort in the classroom are very commonly overlooked. To me, I believe that I learn best in a beautiful classroom. When I eventually become a teacher, I will do my best to make my classroom aesthetically pleasing for my students. I believe this will also assist me in being a better teacher.
Also, comfort is often overlooked. If our students are uncomfortable, they will not be able to learn very well at all. I also want to be comfortable with my students in my classroom in order to better open up the communication between student and teacher, as well as student and student.
I also liked the 3 C's that were taught in Step 2. Competition, Cooperation, and Collaboration are 3 important keys to helping our students learn well in the classroom environment. These three C's help student remain self-motivated and help them to learn to interact well with their peers.

In relation to the WebQuest assignment we are beginning this week, we are learning to use these guided internet quests in our classrooms to create a self-guided and safe internet learning experience for our students.
I really like Webquests, and I believe that as long as they aren't unnecessarily redundant with the same information, students will be motivated to guide themselves through them in order to have a self-guided learning experience. I would probably like to use them in my future classroom, although not necessarily in excess. Maybe only one or two per year.

No comments:

Post a Comment